SPUG: Meeting Announcement -- brian d foy -- 24 July 2006

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 14:30:24 PDT 2006

TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT

  July 2006 Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Meeting
  ======================================

  Title: Perl Design Patterns
  Speaker: brian d foy

  Meeting Date: Monday, 24 June 2006
  Meeting Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
  Location: Whitepages.com offices, downtown Seattle

  Cost: Admission is free and open to the public
  Info: http://seattleperl.org/
  ======================================

Join us TONIGHT, Monday 24 June 2006 at the monthly meeting of the
Seattle Perl Users Group. brian d foy is our guest for the evening,
and will discuss at length, any topic of our choosing! (however we've
chosen one already, and it's "Perl Design Patterns.") If time allows,
we may even get a look at Perl 6. For those of you (like me) who can't
make it to OSCon this year, this is a great opportunity to meet and
learn from a great Perl Author, Educator, Editor, and Hacker. Oh, and
did I mention, Joshua McAdams of Perlcast fame may be in attendance as
well? Please drop in.

We will not be meeting on Tuesday.

Thank you to our hosts at Whitepages.com for giving us a great place
to hold our meetings and presentations, and to all the SPUG members
that show up at meetings or participate on the list to make the group
worthwhile in the first place, and all the JAPHs out there for just
being.

See below for more information on the meeting location.

Meeting Location
================

Whitepages.com is located on the 16th floor of the Rainier Square Tower
(1301 5th Avenue, Seattle) which is across from the 5th Avenue Theater.
See the directions[1] for a quick primer on how to reach us from various
locations across Puget Sound.

There are plenty of locations to park in the area, including on the
street. If you're looking for off-street parking, you can park in the
Rainier Square garage which has an entrance on Union St.

After 6PM, the building management restricts access to most floors. Our
host is trying to take care of this, but if unsuccessful, they will
station someone on the 1st floor near the elevator bank and 5th Avenue
entrance to let people in. Worst case scenario, give our meeting organizer
(Jerry) a call on his cell phone[2] and he'll make sure you get in.

Our hosts are providing a generous assortment of free sodas, fruit drinks,
teas, and coffee, and also have some snacks. You definitely won't
dehydrate here.

We look forward to seeing you!

[1] - http://www.whitepagesinc.com/locations
[2] - (201) 220-3139