SPUG: JOB: Performance QA Software Development Engineer in Test for
Isilon Systems in Seattle, WA
andrew at sweger.net
Fri Nov 12 20:54:29 CST 2004
COMPANY: Isilon Systems
POSITION: Performance QA Software Development Engineer in Test
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
Isilon(r) is the premier provider of intelligent clustered storage systems
for digital content. Isilon's products are designed for data-intensive
businesses and clustered computing environments such as those in media and
entertainment, digital imaging, life sciences and oil and gas, which all
produce, analyze or distribute large amounts of digital content. Isilon
helps world-class companies such as Paramount, Corbis, and Technicolor
meet the demands of their rapidly-growing digital content environments and
accelerate the digital workflow. Check out our open Positions:
PERFORMANCE QA SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST
Experience Level: 5+ Yrs
Isilon Systems is actively seeking a highly motivated, self-starting QA
Engineer with a Performance Testing background to help quantify and
calibrate our clustered storage products.
This position will be responsible for the following:
* Testing large cluster (14TB+) scenarios and conducting regression tests
against clusters of various sizes.
* Test Planning and Test Case design for large cluster, longevity and
various hardware configuration scenarios.
* Performance Testing various configurations and acquisition of
publishable performance throughput numbers.
* Conducting longevity testing and analysis of stress, usage, fault
recovery and other factors.
* Administration of managed switches a la Cisco, Foundry, Extreme
Networks and Force10.
* Test automation development as assigned.
Position requirements include:
* 2 years experience Performance testing systems products.
* Comprehensive knowledge and application of Software Quality Assurance
* Advanced experience in Perl, Python or C++.
* Experience testing in mixed Linux (*nix) and Windows environments
* Experience shipping customer facing products required, multiple
* Experience with both software and hardware product lines preferred.
* Intermediate hardware, networking, test lab management skills, lifting
up to 70 lbs.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* CS Degree or equivalent experience.
So come join our great team! If you have the experience and knowledge,
we'll provide the opportunity of the decade! Please send your resume to
jobs at isilon.com (subject: QA Performance Test Engineer job) . A
non-disclosure agreement must be signed prior to an interview.
Isilon Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Forwards OK / Direct Hires Only
Isilon Systems | Intelligent Storage for Digital Content
220 W. Mercer St. | Suite 501 | Seattle, WA 98119
More information about the spug-list