SPUG: Update friendly community site in PERL

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Fri Dec 10 16:03:27 CST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004, Fred Morris wrote:
>I'm sure Mason has been or will be mentioned. You might also look at Zope
>(which is based on Python, not Perl).

I have to say that I've been very happy with Zope and Plone (even though
it's made me learn python to do more advanced things :-).  Plone is very
easy to use for simple pages.  I set up the new Seattle Unix Group site
with plone in less than fifteen minutes, and transferred the old Seattle
Unix Group site pages in about an hour.

I did a presentation at SPUG on CGI::Application and HTML::Template earlier
this year, and while I like them, I find it easier to work with Zope and
Plone as I can do a lot without having to do as much programming.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``If the future navigation system [for interactive networked services on
the NII] looks like something from Microsoft, it will never work.''
(Chairman of Walt Disney Television & Telecommunications)