SPUG: less noisy spot for after-meet gathering?

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Thu Nov 21 20:00:47 CST 2002

I've been to three SPUG meetings now, and two of the after-meeting
gatherings at Finn MacKool's (not to be confused with the McCool of Apache
fame, I'm sure).

My understanding about the choice of Finn's was that it was less
crowded/noisy than the Big Time. But I still found it rather hard to carry
on a conversation (I skipped this last one). There's got to be some \%place
that's eval join( ' && ', map $place->{$_}, ('beer','quiet','udist') );

It's been a while since I spent any time in the U District, but I seem to
recall that the College Inn Pub has a back room, and we might even be able
to reserve it. Bit of a walk from SafeCo though, all the way down at 40th
or so; wouldn't put me off. What else is there? Anybody else got any ideas?
Does that hotel on 45th and Brooklyn have a lounge?

(PS to Ingy & Mike: thanks for the stimulating breakfast conversation
yesterday!)

--

Fred Morris
m3047 at inwa.net