SPUG: Perl PR

David Innes (CSG) davidinnes at chicagoscience.com
Mon Jun 17 13:12:34 CDT 2002

Hey, and Perl works great with IIS and ASP!  I think most Perl users in the
wild live in Linux/Apache but Perl works just fine even after you drink the
Microsoft Kool-aid.

And I don't know if you've ever sat through an introduction to .NET but so
much of it sounds like it was modeled after Perl it can't be coincidence.
.NET, like JAVA and other very strict environments, imposes limits that take
away some of the flexibility of Perl, and I don't know if ActiveState will
have the resources to do the work necessary for a seamless Perl.net port.
But in principle Perl should to be a more natural and useful .NET language
port than VB!

(Hey, where's Matt Sergeant
http://www.fastnetltd.ndirect.co.uk/Perl/Articles/PSIntro.html when I need
him, again?)