SPUG: Compiling Perl5.8.0 for Windows XP
dwainef at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 27 18:06:48 CDT 2002
About a week ago I asked about compiling the source code to use on
Windows; it works!
Thank you very, very much to the fellow that replied with directions on
how to do it, I don't have the mail he
Sent so I don't have his name. Here is how to do it in detail with
Visual Studio 6.0:
1) Remove the spaces in the pathnames for the build environment
and add one or two as listed in Makefile.
2) Cd to c:\perl5.8.0\win32
3) Read perlwin32.html and edit the Makefile with what it says;
about three or four things usually just uncommenting.
4) From a cmd prompt type: VCVARS32.BAT
5) Type: nmake
6) Type: nmake test
7) Type: nmake install
8) Add environment path to perl.
9) Associate an icon of your choosing with .pl files.
It works very well I have not detected any problems at all!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the spug-list