SPUG: CPAN & passive ftp?

Ben Reser ben at reser.org
Thu Apr 25 01:32:57 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:43:35PM -0700, dancerboy wrote:
> So, I've been having all sorts of weird behaviour with CPAN on my
> MacOS X box at home, and I suddenly realized what I think the problem
> is:  my firewall setup requires that I do all my ftp'ing in passive
> mode.  I've looked through the CPAN configuration options, and can't
> seem to find anything that would tell it to do it's ftp'ing
> passively.  Is there a way to do this?

Presumably you can get through your firewall with HTTP.  Why not just
you an HTTP URL to CPAN?

--
Ben Reser <ben at reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org