SPUG: want to call Perl functions from VB

Showell30 at aol.com Showell30 at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 20:56:29 CDT 2001

Hello.  I wonder if anyone has experience making VB and Perl interoperate.
Here is what I need to do:

       1. User starts up VB program which contains a tree-view widget.
       2. VB program starts up Perl program that parses an HTML document with
       3. Perl program then goes into some sort of event loop.
       4. When the user moves around in VB's tree-view widget, VB calls into
Perl code to get the HTML for that part of the document.  The interface would
be relatively simple; it could be string in, string out, four or five
function calls.

My best solution right now would be to do this with sockets, but I am
interested in alternatives.

(I know I could do the client in Perl/TK, but I'm interested in learning
about the interoperability of the two languages.)