SPUG: Who's Going to PerlWhirl, Jan. 2002?

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Jul 12 20:08:22 CDT 2001

SPUGsters,

I had a lot of fun on the Database Discovery cruise up the Alaskan
coast last month, hanging out with Smart Geeks, and trying to
spot elusive whales! 8-}

I'm currently in negotiations with the GeekCruises.com
people about presenting a tutorial at PerlWhirl in January,
in the Caribbean.  It would be based on my "Intermediate Perl"
course (http://www.consultix-inc.com/int_perl.html).

However, the Head Geek-Cruiser say they can't pay any of my
expenses (!!) unless they get a larger than usual crowd, so I'm
eager to help them get more registrants!

Which leads me to this question: How many of you think you might
attend?

It's not cheap (>$2k, exact amount depending), but if your company
will spring for the fees, as many have done in the past, it's sure
a fun way to learn more about Perl and have unique opportunities
to socialize in a relaxed setting with Perl gurus.

So those who think they might be going, please let me know!

Thanks,

Tim

|  Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix        (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
|  Email: tim at consultix-inc.com         Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
|  TIM MAHER: Unix/Perl   DAMIAN CONWAY: Adv. Perl   COLIN MEYER: Perl/DBI |
|  *We are currently scheduling On-Site Classes on UNIX and Perl topics!*  |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org