SPUG: web-based email

Eric Johanson ericj at cubesearch.com
Mon Jun 26 17:29:56 CDT 2000

Casey -

I've used mailman from the Endymion Corp for quite a few years.  (from
back when it was free).

It's a simple perl script that supports a whole bunch of "standard yet
neato features".  For "non-profit" projects it's free, otherwise
$250-400.  The "pro" version just allows the user to keep the
mail downloaded to the local server.

It's stable, very few bugs, and they are great with support. Make sure
that you ask for the "development version" when you purchase it; otherwise
the code looks like greek. <grin>

http://www.endymion.com

No Affiliation, etc, etc...

If you are looking for something "richer", check out
http://www.millenniumoffice.com/

It's made by the same folks who made a telnetd for NT.  It would be a "NT
only solution" to web based mail, but it does have a plethora of other
features.

If you are looking for "free" (as in speech & beer), I'm not quite sure
what to tell you.  Write your own? I've heard that the POP3 modules for
perl are quite good... Anyone want to comment?

I hope this answers your query, otherwise please redefine your select
statement.

Regards,
-Eric

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org