SPUG: Report on SPUG->E(0)

Jamie Shaffer jshaffer at chronology.com
Thu Jan 27 13:21:37 CST 2000

> There was a woman (sorry I forget your name) at the meeting from a company
> called (something like) Chronology who said she works on a project with an
> embedded perl interpreter in a C program. If you get this message, please,
> if you would consider it, get in touch with Tim, Ryan, or myself (or the
> whole list if you want) about the possibility of giving a presentation ...

'Twas I. Unfortunately, I didn't actually do the embedding, I just became
responsible for re-compiling Perl 5 for it, including removing all the 'hard
coded' library paths, adding the DynaLoader, getting it to use the same
environment variables that the rest of our tool uses, and putting all changes
to the original Perl source under version control with happy make files for
4 platforms. (NT, HPUX, Solaris, Linux)

I suspect there is someone much more knowledgeable about the actual
embedding process out there in SPUG-land. However, if nobody else
volunteers, I can try to trim that part out of our code base into a smaller
working example for some far-future ESPUG meeting.

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org