SPUG: ISP -Stifle!

Kenneth W. Meyer kmeyer at aa.net
Wed Jan 26 21:42:22 CST 2000

You're the boss, Tim; but it seems to me that your list isn't worth much to anyone without access to an ISP that provides good service.  For instance, since I hooked up to DSL, I poll my e-mail almost constantly, whereas the dial-up process was a real pain, as was the download time, so I could avoid it for days.  And where can one find a more knowledgeable group to inquire about these essential foundation functions than in such a sophisticated user community?

Also, I say that someone who signs up to find out about PERL and then bails out when the info flow is substantial was probably just a curiousity-seeker anyway, and the high volume of PERL communications is certainly in no danger of being overwhelmed by these other occasional subjects.

If it's still legal to pose such a question, but responses must be off-line, then I suppose other interested parties will have to contact the person asking the question and ask him to forward any answers he receives.  Bummer.

Ken Meyer
kmeyer at aa.net