SPUG: ISP -Stifle! Piffle!

Andrew Sweger andy at n2h2.com
Thu Jan 27 02:25:37 CST 2000

On Jan 26, 2000 @ 7:19pm, Tim Maher/CONSULTIX wrote:

> (As the list-owner, I see the unZubscribe requests
> start pouring in when list-traffic gets heavy, as it did
> today, or when off-topic posts start to creep in.)

I agree with keeping the discussions more or less on topic, but volume...
piffle. I want VOLUME! I want lots of dumb (and smart) questions with
brilliant answers (and dumb answers too or else I wouldn't be able to
post) from a (big) local community that I think I understand. I want all
sorts of discussions about Perl going on from the simple, "What on Earth
is @this?," to the esoteric, "Why does my strict scope not cross into the
do call?"  (huh, I actually hear a patriotic tune in the background right
now). Sing it with me, I want VOLUME!

(I really have no right to be in such a good mood, honest.)

--
  Andrew Sweger <andy at n2h2.com>  |  N2H2, Incorporated
  v=206.336.2947 f=206.336.1541  |  900 Fourth Avenue, Suite 3400

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org