SPUG: Re: Spug CPAN

B.Ingerson at epixtech.com B.Ingerson at epixtech.com
Wed Aug 16 12:23:37 CDT 2000

John,

I think I agree with you. If we can get the infrastructure set up to:

1) discuss projects
2) divide up tasks
3) manage source code

then I think we could have as many projects as we want to. Since we are all
able-minded people, I don't see a really compelling reason to dumb-down
this whole process. If someone comes up with a good idea they should be
allowed to get the ball rolling on it. Then whoever takes an interest can
contribute as they feel like it. If there is no interest, then it probably
wasn't a great idea in the first place.

I do think that each project should have a coordinator who makes final
decisions and keeps that project rolling along. In the Perl tradition, that
person will most likely be whoever comes up with the idea in the first
place. :-)

That said, I propose that:
Brian Ingeron will spearhead a One::Liner project.
John Cokos will do the same for DBI::Wrapper.

I think this would be good for meeting attendance as well. At each meeting,
we could devote 5-10 minutes per project for presentation and group
discussion.

Also, this will allow various people to wear different "hats" on different
projects.

Whaddya Think?

Brian

"John Cokos" <jcokos at ccs.net> on 08/16/2000 09:47:39 AM