SPUG: Job: HTML/Oracle/CGI/ Search Engines

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Nov 3 21:05:10 CST 1999

>> Message submitted at: Wed Nov  3 19:05:10 PST 1999

According to Charles Royal:

> Tim, et al.:
>
> E-valuations.com is cuurently working on a research project to help a
> popular search engine compare its search results to those of its most
> prominent competitors.  In short, we need are looking for a Perl programmer
> who has production experience:
>  - scripting interfaces with databases (Oracle 8 a plus)
>  - construction of HTML templates with CGI
>  - involving the 'ins and outs' of web-based search engines
>
> The project has not been assigned a pre-determined length of time, but it is
> assumed CGI programming/consulting will account for roughly 40 billable
> hours.  The first phase of the study is complete, and there is a legacy
> script that needs only some minor modification to fit the parameters of the
> second phase of the project.
>
> While money is always an issue, availability and accountability of the
> vendor are key to success of the project.  Market rates for these services
> are assumed to be $85/hour; counter-offers will be assessed in the context
> of competitive offers and the experience of the candidate. Candidates may
> work either onsite or remotely, depending on their preference.
>
> Please let me know if anyone on the Perl user group list is interested in
> this contract opening, or if you have a recommedation for a particular
> candidate from your own Rolodex.  Hope all is well with SPUG.
>
> Best,
> Chas Royal
> Affiliates Manager
> E-valuations.com

| Tim Maher, PhD  CEO, Consultix &    (206) 781-UNIX/8649          |
|      Pacific Software Gurus, Inc.   Email: tim at consultix-inc.com |
| "The UNIX/Perl Training Experts"    http://www.consultix-inc.com |
|Classes: 11/1 Shell/Utils  11/15 Adv Shell  12/7 LINUX  12/13 Perl|

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org