YAPC::<*>

Taylor, Paul ptaylor at ordsvy.gov.uk
Wed Mar 28 07:57:51 CST 2001

I've been looking at Python recently.  It is supposed to be a nice clean OO
language that is more suited to larger projects than Perl is.  One of our
members is helping to develop a game written in Python, and he swears by
it's general cleanliness.

The modular approach looks quite nice ( everything is a module ) - but there
are some weird things that you come across.  One of the weirdest things that
I've spotted is the way Python passes by reference in assignments.  That'll
take a bit of getting used to.  I don't know, I'm still interested in the
language but my progress would be a lot faster if Perl didn't make me feel
like anything else was a linguistic straitjacket.

P.