[sf-perl] [jobs] Job opening for Senior Perl Programmer at WebCDR.com

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Thu Jan 2 19:52:48 PST 2014

On 01/02/2014 07:35 PM, Earl Ruby wrote:
> Bad credit is not an instant disqualification, it does require an
> explanation. We're not heartless bastards.

then that should be stated in the conditions. but what credit issues
would even trigger someone from not hiring a candidate? i can't see it
as a useful criterion. i am not even in favor of background checks
unless there is some human making a decision and not some fixed
corporate rule. a story if you don't mind.

i was placing a candidate with a job that does background checks back 7
years. this candidate was flagged for something 6+ years before. he was
caught by a cop (in texas) fooling around in his car with a woman (not
his wife but that isn't a criminal offense!). he was given a misdemeanor
conviction and nothing else. this company wouldn't hire him even with
the explanation. if it happened a few months earlier or we had delayed
his job application a couple of months, this wouldn't matter.

so he lost a possible job because he was caught having sex in a car.

i am sure his credit was fine!

uri

--
Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers