[sf-perl] Amazon considers removing Perl from Amazon Linux Image in EC2

Peter Thoeny peter09 at thoeny.org
Tue Apr 8 12:52:34 PDT 2014

I just discovered this regarding Perl and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2):

https://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/2014.03-release-notes/ , "Looking ahead to our 2014.09 release" :

"We are considering removing Perl from the packages that are installed by default on the AMI, but it will remain in the repositories."

I would hat of Amazon drops Perl. TWiki is also deployed in the Amazon cloud by many companies. I wrote a blog post about this, http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Blog/BlogEntry201105x2

"Please let us know if you have feedback or concerns about any of these plans."

I recommend complaining about considering removing Perl. Link: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/forum.jspa?forumID=30

Cheers,
Peter

--
  * Peter Thoeny     - Peter[at]Thoeny.org
  * http://bit.ly/MrTWiki - E2.0 consulting services