[sf-perl] perl on a mac ...

Jeff Bragg jackofnotrades at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 18:44:38 PST 2008

A friend of mine is working on a Perl REPL of sorts.  The end goal is a full
shell replacement, but it's still definitely a work in progress (I'm sure
he'd appreciate help, if anyone were so inclined).  It's at TTK's code
closet <http://ciar.org/ttk/codecloset/>.  I'm specifically referring to
Calc; version 2 is a more finished product, but version 3 is cleaner code
(he tells me; I haven't actually looked at the source yet).  Anyway, it
might be closer to the kind of REPL other languages have; it's generally
more featureful than other Perl REPL offereings (at least one's he has
explored, including Devel::REPL).  It's not a replacement for the debugger
(no explicit break/continue/next type of functionality, for instance), but
should be a reasonably good REPL.

My $0.005.  YMMV.