[sf-perl] Fwd: oracle position
extasia at extasia.org
Fri Aug 11 18:21:20 PDT 2006
[note: i have nothing to do with this post except that i'm forwarding
it. penlug is the peninsula linux user group.]
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Ward <bill at wards.net>
Date: Aug 11, 2006 3:19 PM
Subject: [PenLUG] Applications Developer position open at Oracle (Perl + PL/SQL)
To: PenLUG Members <penlug-members at penlug.org>, svlug-jobs at svlug.org,
baylisa-jobs at baylisa.org
My group at Oracle is hiring. Please let me know if you are interested in
Job Title : Applications Developer 2
Location : 600 Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores CA 94065
Organization Name : Infrastructure Systems Development
The Infrastructure Systems Development (ISD) team is responsible for
providing automated tools that facilitate enhanced productivity in various
aspects of the complete Application Development life cycle. Examples
include quality control utilities, tools for automating the build and
application of patches, systems for creating and managing Oracle
Applications environments, and source control software.
The ISD team is looking for a highly motivated engineer to join the team and
assist in building, testing, delivering and maintaining development
lifecycle software components.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform detailed
design based on provided high level design specifications. Assist in system
planning, scheduling and implementation. Build enhancements (including new
product features) and resolve bugs. Build and execute unit test and unit
test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA.
Interact with QA and porting engineering about problems in the code.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of
roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving
with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies
and processes. Preferred Qualifications: BS degree or equivalent experience
relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related
- Design, develop, and deploy robust, proficient, and easy-to-maintain
- Further automate and enhance the infrastructure tools.
- Expand functionality and usability of the web based system interface.
- Integrate the applications with business logic
- Interact with a global development organization
- Participate in the entire product life cycle: requirements, design,
implementation, testing, release, maintenance, and support
Job Requirements :
Work is non-routine and very challenging, involving the application of
advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading
contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and
mentoring to others.
- Relevant functional experience
- Proven experience and interest in Perl OO programming desired
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL desired
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux platform and shell scripting
- 0-2 years of experience
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member in a highly
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a challenging
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
Technical Environment Details:
- Perl5, Oraperl
- Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
- Linux and other operating systems
- Clearcase, RCS
- Apache, Oracle Webserver
- Netscape and Microsoft browsers
Work Environment Details:
- State of the art development environment.
- Highly motivated technical team.
- One production instance.
- One production version.
- High visibility system.
PenLUG-Members mailing list
PenLUG-Members at penlug.org
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm