[San-Diego-pm] Meeting places

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Mon Sep 10 09:55:13 PDT 2007

perl perl perl (I've had messages not go through because they didn't
contain the word perl.)

=========

I'm on the VB dot net mailing list. Here is part of an email I got:

The San Diego .NET Developers Group has been meeting at the San Diego
Design Center ... for more than eight years. ... After more than eight
years of meetings at the Qualcomm facility, the Group is facing the very
real possibility that the Qualcomm facility will no longer be available.
Changes in Qualcomm policies may not allow for our continued use of
their wonderful auditorium for our meetings effective immediately.

The Qualcomm people have indicated that they are still open to the
possibility of the San Diego .NET Developers Group using their
auditorium. However, we need to convince them that it is their interest
to do so. They are asking for a list of San Diego .NET Developers Group
Members that are associated with Qualcomm. If we can show that there are
Qualcomm people who derive benefit from the San Diego .NET Developers
Group, then there is a very real chance that we will be able to continue
using their auditorium....

=========

The implication is that Perl Mongers lucked out once, but if we are to
meet there on a continuous basis, we may have to prove our worth to
Qualcomm.

--
Joel Fentin       tel: 760-749-8863
Email:            http://fentin.com/me/ContactMe.html