[San-Diego-pm] Meeting Monday, May 8

David Romano david.romano at gmail.com
Mon May 8 23:54:04 PDT 2006

On 5/1/06, Bob Kleemann <rkleeman at energoncube.net> wrote:
> Just your monthly reminder that the meeting this month is next
> Monday at the Panera Bread on Mira Mesa Blvd.  I hope to see you all
> there.
Hey guys,
  I wasn't sure if the meeting place had been changed, or if it was
just a "case of the Mondays", but there were only two of us at Panera:
me and a new guy, Smith. Smith has been picking up Perl the last six
months or so, skimming thru the Camel and Llama book. He is thinking
of starting a project with Perl, in order to solidify his
understanding of the language, and seems to be set on doing some sort
of web application. Since Catalyst is the only thing I know a bit
about, I suggested that, and pointed him to a few places he could find
more information. On second thought, I should have suggested some of
the many other web app frameworks, since it is to be his first
experience: ah well. Also, he doesn't have a lot of programming
experience, so he's sorta learning the ropes as he goes. I think he's
pretty brave to be doing a web app project from the get-go, since I
would probably get too frustrated and forget about it and attempt to
learn the basics of Perl some other way. Anyhew, he said he's probably
going to get added to the mailing list, so we might here from him
before the next meeting. :-)

See y'all around,
David