[San-Diego-pm] Perl Meeting on Monday, May 9th

Menolly menolly at mib.org
Tue May 10 14:25:30 PDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Menolly> MySQL 4.0.22; no subqueries.
>
> In other words, not a real database, but a sort of a "structured file
> storage system that understands some subset of modern SQL".
>
> PostgreSQL.  The only thing I recommend these days.  Unless they can
> get by with DBD::SQLite (still preferred over MYSQL), or can afford
> Oracle.

Changing databases is not feasible at this point, for primarily
non-technical reasons.  If the costs of using MySQL ever outweigh the
costs of replacing it, we'll likely switch to Oracle.  For now, MySQL is
working for us.

--
menolly at mib.org                    http://www.livejournal.com/~nolly/

On that day, many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works
in your name?" And then will I declare to them, "I never knew you;
depart from me you evildoers." -- Matt 7:20-23, RSV