[San-Diego-pm] FWD: [IP] more on Hard time? Not for cyber criminals

Menolly menolly at mib.org
Wed Aug 18 18:07:02 CDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, C. Abney wrote:

> > C> I tell that story to anyone that betrays he or she is thinking of
> > C> applying for a job at Intel.
> >
> > But it's not Intel!  See <http://www.lightlink.com/fors/> for details.
>
> Not Intel??? Whoah.  I know the law in Oregon is truly bad.  That's
> clear.  And the Oregonian and the judge are beyond merely stupid.  They
> MUST be corrupt.  But how can you hold Intel blameless... aren't they
> the prosecution?

I've been told the Intel did not want to prosecute, but Oregon wanted to
test their laws and ran with it.  Feel free to add salt to taaste; I so
not claim to speak with authority on this.

> > C> I'll bet I'm not alone.
> >
> > In that sentiment, no.  But please, the problem is about bad laws,
> > not about Intel in particular.
>
> I don't see how Intel is not a place to avoid.

I interned at Intel; they have an excellent internship program and I
enjoyed my time there quite a bit.  I probably could have returned after
graduation, but I decided I'd rather work in a software-oriented company
instead of doing internal software for a hardware company.

   )\._.,--....,'``.         | menolly at mib.org
  /,   _.. \   _\  (`._ ,.   | http://www.livejournal.com/~nolly/
 `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.' fL| Paranoid Cynical Optimist
On that day, many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works
in your name?" And then will I declare to them, "I never knew you;
depart from me you evildoers." -- Matt 7:20-23, RSV