Meeting tonight, and other stuff...

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Wed Apr 17 18:42:13 CDT 2002

~sdpm~
Perl Mongers,

There is a meeting tonight!

Also, sorry I haven't written this up from the last meeting.  My email
had issues starting right after the meeting and didn't get cured until
just recently.

Open Source Convention:  Needless to say there looks to be quite a few
members planning on going.  Because of the issues with email I haven't
discovered if there is going to be any discount codes for Perl Mongers
or not.  I'll get to that.

TShirts:  We have decided that we are going to do TShirts again this
year.  Make some designs and get them to me.  We also decided that
we are going to try and get a booth at the Open Source Convention
this year and sell TShirts to support YAS's sponsorship of Larry,
Damian, and that third tenor.  ;-)  So, if you designing a TShirt make
sure the slogan is appropriate for us and to be sold.  Any other ideas
besides last year's ("Just A Local Perl Hacker").

The best design (as voted by the group) will get some as-yet unnamed
prizes.  Trust me though, it'll be worth the effort.

OS-Con Activities:  We were hoping to host some activities for visiting
Perl Mongers while in San Diego.  If you have any ideas, let us know.
Some ideas that have been passed around include a Bird of a Feather,
PaintBall, restaurant(s) or bar(s) in/around downtown/gas lamp, frisbee
golf, or ???

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org