Phoenix Perl writer wants advice on relocating to San Diego

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Sat Apr 6 09:31:41 CST 2002

~sdpm~
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Joel Fentin wrote:
> >Looking for advice on getting back to San Diego....
>
> A quick look at the want ads in the San Diego Union Tribune will show
> you that what the world needs is more telephone solicitors. That's
> your ticket to San Diego.

Yah, the job market is in a terrible slump -- though it seems to be slowly
improving. If you have any bioinformatics and biology information there
may be something (I was surprised to see some O'Reilly books on biotechn
stuff -- http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/begperlbio/ and
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/bioskills/ )

I would move to a new city only with great caution these days -- the
cashflow question is a difficult and important one, and I know several
very bright people who have been unemployed for a while. That said, there
*are* people finding work, but it /seems/ to be an exception.

Best of luck,

	Joe
--
Joe Crawford, web journeyman: San Diego California USA

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org