four-argument version of select

John R. Comeau comeaujr at sd.conexant.com
Sun Jun 11 20:06:02 CDT 2000

~sdpm~

    C> Are you sure you want to use 'vec' and 'select'???  That's a
    C> lot of junk just to read a hello, world pipe.  Are you using
    C> vec because you thought it was related to a 4 argument select
    C> in some way?

It seemed like 'select' was a direct way of doing what I wanted.  It
says that it's use determine whether your file descriptors are ready
for I/O.  The reason I used 'vec' is just because that's what they do
in the example in Camel.

    C> I got this code to do what (I think) you want:

Yeah, I'd considered doing that eval/die thing.  That has caused me
some problems in the past though.  One time I brought some code to the
SDPM meeting that used eval/die.  That code would consitently generate
a segmentation fault.  I can dig up that example if anyone's
interested; a lot of new people have joined since I showed that
example.

Thanks for the sample code though, C.

--
John Comeau (john.comeau at conexant.com) 858-713-3593 (W)
Nach dieser Enttusch wollte sie sich einen Rausch ansaufen.

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org