[Saltlake-pm] Modern Perl book

Doran L. Barton fozzmoo at gmail.com
Wed May 15 07:45:31 PDT 2013

In last night's meeting, we were discussing good books for new Perl
developers. Learning Perl is a tried and tested resource. I've found
chromatic's Modern Perl book to be quite good, especially at instilling good
"modern" habits. Plus, it's available for free download.

While it covers more advanced topics like object oriented Perl with Moose, it
does spend the first 100 pages introducing fundamental aspects of the language.
It's not a bad introductory book for Perl.

Doran L. Barton <fozzmoo at gmail.com> - Linux, Perl, Web, good fun, and more!
 "Drunk gets nine months in violin case"
    -- Headline seen in newspaper