[rochester-pm-list] Welcome!

james wilson fat_hot at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 20 21:46:26 CST 1999

Brian Mathis <bmathis at directedge.com> wrote:

> As you have probably figured out by the last message, I have finally
> gotten a mailing list set up.  I'd like to think of this as a first
step
> to creating a cool users group.
>
> Why don't we start out with introductions?

hey y'all. I hate to talk about myself but since you've twisted my arm
I'll do it this once. I work for West Group (the entity which
swallowed LCP) which has been described as the Microsoft of legal
publishing. I'm mainly doing SGML processing, and have managed to
spread the love of Perl throughout my department. (People used to use
C++ for all their text processing - yee.)

Now that it's fully entrenched I'm starting to evangelize for Python
since I think it ends up being more maintainable when you have an
endless procession of no-talents like myself hacking and rehacking the
same pieces of code. Nevertheless Perl retains my deep affection for
being so weird and twisty.

James