[suse-schools-usa] Whoa

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Thu Apr 11 14:56:29 CDT 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 12:32, David Herman wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> Since you brought up the idea of libraries I thought this info might be
> relevant.
>
> One problem that I've run across (w/ my local libraries) is the
> interface they use for online access to their catalogs. Both library
> systems (King County and Seattle Public) use Java , and I've never been
> able to get them to display properly (100%) in any Linux browser.
>
> (the sites if you are interested
> http://webpac.kcls.org/
> http://webpac.spl.org/webclient.html)
- - -snip - - -

Hi, David:  If I were you, I would forward this email to them, pronto:

 "You are using a browser that is not Java-enabled. "

That's what I get when I use a text-based browser, lynx.  What that means to
me, is, that anyone who relies on text-to-voice for using the Internet to
access the public library, is - - -well, what a shame.  Also, I encourage you
to copy this to your mayor, city council, and any news media in the
community, not to mention the local organizations that work with the
disabled.  Remember, these are federally funded entities.

Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/