[suse-schools-usa] Print to win 98 server

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Thu Apr 11 14:42:41 CDT 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 12:31, David Herman wrote:
> On Thursday 11 April 2002 09:16 am, tom poe wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> Schools closed for spring break this week but I'll check that next week.
> When I look for networking info under winders the individual stations
> say they are set up for printer and file sharing, and I can get
> workgroup and machine names, I just haven't tried reading directories
> yet.
 - - -snip - - -

Hi:  Well, let us know.  I would think, you're probably in good shape.  If
the windoz machines can print, then linux can print, using Samba.  There's a
book on the Internet, so you don't have to buy it.  The url is:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/

Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV