[Princeton-pm] Michel Rodriguez (mirod on PerlMonks) in the area

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan japhy at perlmonk.org
Thu Aug 18 08:34:06 PDT 2005

mirod, the author of XML::Twig, and just another Toulouse Perl Monger, is
in New Jersey for a few weeks.  His availability in limited to Tuesdays
through Thursdays next week and September 13th-15th.

While I'd like us to have a meeting soon, I think it would make more sense
to wait until September to invite mirod to a meeting.

So I open up the floor to a few issues.  By the way, an acronym I'll be
using liberally when I ask questions about holding meetings is: ISWW ("if
so, when and where").

1. should we have a meeting before the end of August?  ISWW?
2. should we have a meeting on September 13th, 14th, or 15th?  ISWW?
3. when should we invite mirod?
4. do we want mirod to be a guest or a speaker?

I have a feeling our first meeting is going to be introductions and
discussion on how to "advertise" the group to local interested parties
(i.e. college students and co-workers); this is why I think we should get
that out of the way before mirod stops by.

Regarding the 4th question, most PM groups have "speaker" visitors who
have a module or concept that they talk to the group about.  Personally,
I'd rather have mirod as a guest and let each of us yap about whatever it
is we'd like to yap about.

My preferences, then, are:

1. yes, either NEXT Wednesday or NEXT Thursday, anywhere in Mercer County
    is fine with me (I'm a relative newcomer to the area).

2. yes, any of those is days is fine with me, meeting preferably in a more
northern location so that mirod doesn't have to put up with Route 1 any
longer than he should.

3. on the september date

4. guest

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service