Perl in the Pioneer Valley

J Proctor jproctor at marlboro.edu
Tue Jan 15 10:38:39 CST 2002

Greetings, all three of you that Majordomo reported to me (and anyone
else that's lurking).

1.  Introductions.  I'm j, and I do Perl.  I've been doing web stuff in
the IT dept at UMass for almost 4 years now, and am teaching computer
science part time at Marlboro College up in Vermont this (academic) year.
Before all that, I worked for a couple of commercial ISPs in Florida.

2.  I'm calling the first ever meeting of Pioneer Valley Perl Mongers.  I
propose Tuesday, 5 February.  I can arrange space at UMass, or we can
gather someplace more restaurant- or pub-like for socialness.  Yes?
No?  Thoughts on venue(s) or alternate date(s)?  Once we pick something,
we'll cross-post to WeMaLU and where-ever else.  RSVP.

3.  If any of you are hiring Perl types, or know of folks who are, I'm
looking.  Ideally this position would be part time until early June and
switch to full time.  If you're friendly to the idea of flex time or
telecommuting, I am too, since I live in the middle of nowhere (well,
Montague), and that would actually make me available full time to start
with.  It doesn't really have to be Perl, but I figured I'd start with
what I want and work backwards.  Willing to consider many variations.  I
can even be bribed to do C, Java, etc.  :)