Perl Mongers memo (note lunch is next Thursday)

Tim Chambers tbc at who.net
Tue May 29 14:16:34 CDT 2001

Just a few items.

Tim Chambers ><>
Founder, Pikes Peak Perl Mongers http://pikes-peak.pm.org/

# # #

LUNCH NEXT THURSDAY

Since we have a new member (hi, Nigel!), I'll repeat what I said last month.
The geekly conversation at these lunches is top rate. :-) Everbody -- mark
your calendars!

On 5/1/01 I wrote background for why we used to meet the Thursday before the
first Friday of the month and I announced that we would begin meeting the
plain old first Thursday of each month. I got no replies, so be advised that
the monthly Pikes Peak Perl Mongers lunch will be Thursday, June 7th, at
11:30.  (Now that we're meeting the first Thursday, I added the repeating
event to the ColoradoSprings.com calendar. Thanks for the resource, Vance!)

Anyone have suggestions for where to meet?

# # #

PROGRAM IDEAS

Even if you can't make the lunch, I'd like to know via e-mail if anyone has
a burning desire to do any "real" Perl Monger stuff. I kicked off this group
in 1999 with a special guest appearance by Eric S. Raymond. He spoke to a
joint meeting of the Pikes Peak Linux Users Group and the Pikes Peak Perl
Mongers. It turns out he's a Python hacker. Oh, well. A few of you found out
about PPPM through that event, anyway.

There's been no program activity since then. I've been waiting for the group
to grow. Well, it's looking like the chicken and the egg. That is, maybe the
group would grow if we had a guest speaker.

I don't have the energy right now to organize something, but based on my
experience in 1999, I'd be glad to coach a motivated individual to do it.
Think of this as a leadership opportunity that you can put on your resume.
:-)

Contact me if interested.

# # #

PPPM LIBRARY

My memory isn't clear. Can someone remind me what happened at the lunch last
month with the books? I'd like to hear from those who are in actual
possession of the books.

Title: DATA MUNGING WITH PERL