URGENT MEMO: Pikes Peak Perl Mongers lunch this Thursday, etc.

Tim Chambers tbc at spamcop.net
Tue May 1 11:38:15 CDT 2001

Just a few items.

# # #

LUNCH

It's that time again. Mark your calendars for this Thursday, May 3rd, at
11:30 a.m. We're scheduled to meet for lunch.

Any suggestions for where to eat? I'm looking forward to a suggestion by
Steve Smythe.

Weather's predicted to be cold & rainy. I'm still hoping to get over to Sky
Sox stadium for the National Day of Prayer from 1:30 to 2:00. So having
lunch out that way would be nice.

We always have excellent geeky conversation at our monthly lunches. We've
had a few new members sign up recently. Looking forward to meeting you in
RL.

# # #

CHANGES TO THE LUNCH SCHEDULE

The original reason we met the first week of the month was that the Pikes
Peak Linux Users Group met the first Friday of the month. Seasoned Perl
Mongers will remember that we originally met the Wednesday before the first
Friday. Then we switched to the Thursday before the first Friday. Well --
PPLUG has changed its schedule. The PPLUG monthly meeting is April 10th.

So first I'll make a proclamation. Unless the group comes to another
agreement, we're going to meet the first Thursday of the month. That means
the June meeting will be on June 7th, NOT May 31st, which is the Thursday
before the first Friday in June.

Now I'll take a quick poll -- reply to me if you'd like to see the meeting
date & time changed. I'll chime in now. It would be more convenient for me
if we slid the lunch to next week, Friday 5/11. But let me be clear: I'm NOT
changing the scheduled May lunch unless there's support from a majority of
Perl Mongers to do so.

# # #

PPPM LIBRARY

Title: PROGRAMMING PYTHON, 2ND EDITION