URGENT MEMO: Pikes Peak Perl Mongers lunch this Thursday, etc.

John Evans evansj at kilnar.com
Tue May 1 16:21:09 CDT 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Tim Chambers wrote:

> It's that time again. Mark your calendars for this Thursday, May 3rd, at
> 11:30 a.m. We're scheduled to meet for lunch.
>
> Any suggestions for where to eat? I'm looking forward to a suggestion by
> Steve Smythe.

Barring a disaster here at work, I'll be there. Places to eat over in that
direction... The only places that come to mind are Burger King and some
steakhouse on Powers, but I know that there are other options, but not
sure what...

> So first I'll make a proclamation. Unless the group comes to another
> agreement, we're going to meet the first Thursday of the month. That means
> the June meeting will be on June 7th, NOT May 31st, which is the Thursday
> before the first Friday in June.

First Thu. works for me most months.

> Now I'll take a quick poll -- reply to me if you'd like to see the meeting
> date & time changed. I'll chime in now. It would be more convenient for me
> if we slid the lunch to next week, Friday 5/11. But let me be clear: I'm NOT
> changing the scheduled May lunch unless there's support from a majority of
> Perl Mongers to do so.

Chaning it around from time-to-time (like on this one time) is also fine
by me. I work schedule is really flexible. The only thing that knocks me
out of meetings are disasters and as far as I know we don't have any
planned for the first Thu of each month. (Yeah, like you can plan them...)

--
John Evans
http://evansj.kilnar.com/