O'Reilly User Group Program

Tim Chambers tbchambers at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 18:03:03 CDT 2001

The O'Reilly User Group Program's Web page is http://ug.oreilly.com/.

This seems to be an idea still under development, but I think it's safe to
say that O'Reilly is a sponsor of our users group -- for no other reason
than they gave me a t-shirt. :-)

I'll be forwarding two newsletters and announcement about a raffle. I wanted
to give a little background.

I ignored the first newsletter and the raffle because they didn't say
anything about Perl. But the second one came and I found something
interesting in it. To learn more about O'Reilly's use of animals on their
covers, see http://www.oreilly.com/news/lejeune_0400.html (about the artist)
or http://www.oreilly.com/news/ediemals_0400.html (about how the idea got
started). That made me think again. I've decided to add a graphic to our Web
site and to forward stuff from O'Reilly unless I get complains from you.

I'm also going to blind copy you on a message to our O'Reilly contact,
Denise.

Comments? Take it offline to http://takeitoffline.com/8/H/QTW5mmRpPk8g

Please don't reply to all on this topic unless you absolutely don't want
your comments archived. I want an archive of the group's sentiments.
QuickTopic (formerly TakeItOffline) is ideal for discussions like this.

<>< Tim

P.S. Not all Pikes Peak Perl Mongers know that we also have a discussion
about job opportunities in the area at
http://takeitoffline.com/1/H/NuLK8Ll3CxritWqkut7. There hasn't been anything
posted for a while, though.

P.P.S. Please don't forward takeitoffline.com URLs to anyone not on our
mailing list. Obscurity of the URL is the only protection of privacy that we
have. Not ideal, but I'm a fan of takeitoffline.com and want to support them
with our traffic.