Phoenix.pm: Perl Syntax Highlighting with Vi

Pablo Velasquez Pablo at zunigatech.com
Tue Jul 4 17:20:35 CDT 2000

Greetings:
This is half perl related :) I finally switched to using VIM full time.
Things are going great, but I do miss my syntax highlighting when I was
using windows... I installed VIM and ":version" does say it is active. When
I type ":syntax on" what happens when looking at my perl code is I get
words "underlined" and no color of any kind. I'm using SecureCRT to login
with ANSI color enabled. Meaning, I can do this "ls --color" and I see
folders in blue etc...

If anyone uses color syntax highlighting and this question sounds familiar
to them I'd greatly appreciate any clues...

Happy Fourth of July!

-Pablo