[Philadelphia-pm] GetOpt::Long::Descriptive or GetOpt::Simple?

Mark Gardner mjg at phoenixtrap.com
Wed May 11 16:01:49 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Randall A Sindlinger
<rsindlin+pm at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I'd like to embed documentation into the options as I define them, similar to
> the OptionParser in Python's optparse module.

I've also had good luck with Getopt::Euclid, which parses out options
processing out of the POD-formatted documentation for each option.

When doing Moose-based apps I've been leaning on MooseX::App::Cmd,
which ties in to App::Cmd, MooseX::Getopt, and optionally
Getopt::Long::Descriptive and MooseX::ConfigFromFile to handle
everything from option constraints, documentation, config files, and a
framework for subcommands. It's a bit over the top for lightweight
scripts, though.

--
Mark Gardner $ <mjg at phoenixtrap.com>