[Perth-pm] Perl Activity in Perth

Peter Lyons darklyon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:59:36 PDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Matthew Lock <lockster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got tired of clients wanting PHP rather than perl so I ended up writing
> a perl program to generate PHP web apps from template toolkit and perl.
> Perl has still got it for me!

I like the idea of treating PHP as a "bytecode" output from Perl, it surely
can't be worse than some of the PHP that I've seen.
(Though, the worst was made that way by the giant, in-line SQL statements.)

Finding clients who still want stuff done in Perl seems to be a problem.
But at least we can still write our own Perl :).

Peter