[Pdx-pm] what to do when cpan multiplexer selects very slow site?

Jeff Lavallee jeff at zeroclue.com
Wed Mar 21 12:23:57 PDT 2007

Just last night I setup a cronjob to use minicpan (CPAN::Mini) to mirror
locally, and pointed CPAN.pm at http://localhost/.../CPAN as its first
choice.  A little disk space intensive, perhaps, but now my CPAN
installs go lightning quick, and I can install stuff from CPAN even if I
can't connect to the good old internet.  (Lately I've been finding
myself poking around what modules are available while on airplanes and
the like, so the second bit is what I'm most interested in).