[Pdx-pm] what to do when cpan multiplexer selects very slow site?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Mar 21 12:49:42 PDT 2007

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Lavallee <jeff at zeroclue.com> writes:

Jeff> Just last night I setup a cronjob to use minicpan (CPAN::Mini) to mirror
Jeff> locally, and pointed CPAN.pm at http://localhost/.../CPAN as its first
Jeff> choice.  A little disk space intensive, perhaps, but now my CPAN
Jeff> installs go lightning quick, and I can install stuff from CPAN even if I
Jeff> can't connect to the good old internet.

Glad you enjoy that. I'm happy that the code from my column
(http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col42.html) was able to be turned
into that module so more people could take advantage of that.  Also check out
the next in the series for "browsing the local mini-CPAN"
(http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col43.html).