[Pdx-pm] OT: Resume Formats

Amy Farrell akf at alum.mit.edu
Wed Mar 29 00:22:38 PST 2006

Brendan Leber wrote:
> [...] I've finished updating the content but I
> would like to update format.  Does anyone have a format/layout they
> wouldn't mind pointing out or sharing?  I would like to find a format that
> works well in HTML and Word so I can post my resume on my web site and
> email it to HR people.

Here's mine: http://www.aracnet.com/~akf/resume.html

I like the layout, although I'm not enthused about the fact that I wrote
it in Microsoft Word and exported the HTML. The PDF/print version is the
"original," and the HTML is good enough. I will probably change the font
in the HTML version next time I tweak it, as this one isn't very good
for screen display.

I've only been looking for a couple of weeks, and have sent this out
sparingly, so I can't say how well this resume is doing its job. It's
brought in one appropriate nibble so far, not counting people who
already know me.

- Amy