[Pdx-pm] OT: Resume Formats

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Wed Mar 29 07:47:41 PST 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 2:22 AM, Amy Farrell wrote:

> I like the layout, although I'm not enthused about the fact that I
> wrote
> it in Microsoft Word and exported the HTML. The PDF/print version
> is the
> "original," and the HTML is good enough. I will probably change the
> font
> in the HTML version next time I tweak it, as this one isn't very good
> for screen display.

There's nothing wrong with maintaining two different formats of resume.

I know that as programmers we try to be as lazy as possible, but
consider that I, as a hiring manager, consider your resume to be an
example of what work you are capable of as a programmer.  I almost
always look at the raw HTML of the resumes I'm sent.  If it's crap
HTML, then that indicates something to me about the candidate.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance