[Pdx-pm] dotReader, mac

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:42:27 PST 2006

# from Eric Wilhelm
# on Thursday 07 December 2006 02:15 pm:

>is very alpha.
>  http://dotreader.com/site/files/downloads/dotreader-mac-v0.0.8.dmg

Hey, nobody said bundling was easy.  The dependency scan had missed some
modules in the earlier package.

Thanks to Thomas Keller for the bugfinding.  I suppose pretending to
have no @INC would help catch this sort of thing :-)  I added an
environment variable check to ExtUtils::MacMaker's main.c that does
that now.

As for 10.3, I call uncle.  Apple wants you to upgrade.  If you're not
into that $130 t-shirt deal, I guess it's time to start compiling wx.
I suppose we should open the betting now on whether jaguar breaks
everything all over again (supposedly, they'll be all the way up to
last year's Wx.pm for that release.)

Issues of control, repair, improvement, cost, or just plain
understandability all come down strongly in favor of open source
solutions to complex problems of any sort.
--Robert G. Brown