[Pdx-pm] dotReader, mac

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:42:27 PST 2006

# from Eric Wilhelm
# on Thursday 07 December 2006 02:15 pm:

>This
>is very alpha.
>
>  http://dotreader.com/site/files/downloads/dotreader-mac-v0.0.8.dmg

Hey, nobody said bundling was easy.  The dependency scan had missed some
modules in the earlier package.

  http://dotreader.com/site/files/downloads/dotreader-mac-v0.0.8-fix.dmg

Thanks to Thomas Keller for the bugfinding.  I suppose pretending to
have no @INC would help catch this sort of thing :-)  I added an
environment variable check to ExtUtils::MacMaker's main.c that does
that now.

As for 10.3, I call uncle.  Apple wants you to upgrade.  If you're not
into that $130 t-shirt deal, I guess it's time to start compiling wx.
I suppose we should open the betting now on whether jaguar breaks
everything all over again (supposedly, they'll be all the way up to
last year's Wx.pm for that release.)

--Eric
--
Issues of control, repair, improvement, cost, or just plain
understandability all come down strongly in favor of open source