[Pdx-pm] next Wednesday: December Meeting: SVK with Michael Schwern

Seven till Seven scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 14:34:14 PST 2006

Wednesday Dec 13th, 6:53pm at FreeGeek -- 1731 SE 10th Ave.

SVK -- Stands for Versioning Koolness.

Michael Schwern will be giving a talk on what svk is and how you can use
its advanced features for distributed and disconnected version-control.
If he's reading this list, he'll add some detail to this description.
If not, just pretend he said that he'll tell you:

  o how to use svk to keep a local branch of a subversion repository
  o svk lets you work alone or in groups on an airplane or in the woods
  o how much easier it is to cherry-pick changes with svk than svn
  o how to use svk to mirror a subversion repository onto another server

As always, the meeting will be followed by beer at the Lucky Lab.
December's special is "I buy you a beer if your mother's maiden name
starts with a Q", but if November was your second meeting and you
forgot to tell me about it, I'll buy you a beer anyway.

--Eric
--

        http://pdx.pm.org