[Pdx-pm] XP Project Management Tool

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Mon Dec 13 23:33:24 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:23:01PM -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> I was just amused that it appeared to say that it's preferred
> relational database was not, erm, relational. Again, I misread.

I really hate this dig against MySQL.  Its right up there with "Perl isn't
Object-Oriented" and for the same reasons.

You don't have to ENFORCE relationships to be relational in the same way
that you don't have to ENFORCE privacy to be object-oriented.

> About time. I don't see a version number reference there, though. But
> 5.0 is shaping up to be an interesting release. I look forward to
> seeing it late next year.

5.0 looks to be the "everything everybody always makes fun of MySQL for
not having" release.  Clustering is another thing RSN.  Hope they can pull
it off.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
If you like stomach viruses, this is the movie for you.