[Pdx-pm] traversing (and accessing values in) a hash of hashes

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Sun Dec 12 15:40:33 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 01:29:33PM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Ben> Because using perldoc in the Windows command line is _painful_
>
> What kind of pain?  It's the same as the man pages on Unix.
>
> Or are you just averse to anything that is command-line-ish?

You have obviously never experienced the hell that is the Windows command
shell (read: DOS).

The world's crappiest pager.
The world's crappiest copy & paste and it always takes me five minutes to
  remember how to coerce it to allow copy/paste.
No command line history unless you remember to turn it on.
No command suspension.

That should be enough to get an idea of the experience.

The few times I have to use it for testing MakeMaker I do the minimum I
have to do and get the hell out.  As much as possible I do via an ssh
connection to a Cygwin sshd instead.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
It's Flypaper Licking time!