[Pdx-pm] Files between servers

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Thu Aug 12 08:55:55 CDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Gordon Jackson wrote:

> So I guess my question is how do I access my normal server from the
> programs on my secure server?

I'd probably have a database to hold the information about user accounts
and related stuff. Both servers' software can concurrently access the
database, of course. The normal server simply asks the database whether
the appropriate account is currently valid for whatever service they're
asking for. To save the DB from having to answer the same question again
on every image load, cache its responses for a few minutes.

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix