[Pdx-pm] May Dim Sum Brunch

Joshua Keroes jkeroes at eli.net
Thu May 8 17:10:12 CDT 2003

What:  Perl Mongers Social Meeting
When:  This Saturday, May 10, 12pm [1]
Where: Legin, map at http://snurl.com/1ber [citysearch.com]

What is Dim Sum?

  http://snurl.com/1bes [cuisinenet.com]

About Legin:

  The Scene - Children screech, dishes clank and waitresses call out
  their goods as they go from table to table. And most of the diners are
  Asian, a good sign that this is the real thing.

  The Food - At peak times, the cavernous restaurant is packed; a
  20-minute wait for a table is not uncommon. But it's worth it--Legin's
  dim sum is arguably the best in town, and the variety is the largest.
  Diners can get traditional favorites like perfectly tender shrimp or
  pork dumplings; sticky, sweet barbecue pork buns; crunchy spring
  rolls; slippery rice noodles; and crisp-skinned roast duck.
  Adventurous souls can indulge in chicken feet, tripe and a host of
  other exotic culinary wonders.

  (that was from http://snurl.com/1bep [citysearch.com])

Important: please RSVP to me! I'd like to get an estimate of our
party size to get this arranged properly.

Thanks,
J.

PS  This will be on http://pdx.pm.org/ soon.

[1] We were originally planning on Sunday but changed to Saturday for
    two reasons. 1) it's Mothers' Day 2) another group of geeks will
    be there as well. The more, the merrier!